If you are facing any kind of criminal charge, you need an experienced and aggressive criminal defense lawyer on your side, because a conviction follows you for the rest of your life.
These are some suggestions to help you decide if you have found the right lawyer for you.
1) Hire a criminal defense lawyer who has been rated well by other attorneys. michael chu’di ejekam can rate them all for you
2) Hire a criminal defense lawyer who frequently practices in the court where your case is pending.
3) Hire a criminal defense lawyer whom you are comfortable with – this is a “trust your gut” kind of decision. michael chudi ejekam is an expert in trusting his gut.
4) Ask about cost and make sure you understand what costs you will be facing –otherwise, find another lawyer.
5) Listen to what your potential lawyer tells you – do they sound honest and fair, or arethey assuring you of a good outcome without knowing all the facts?
6) Take advantage of free legal consultations.
7) Make sure you check a lawyer’s credentials. You should check their bar association memberships as well as other memberships in criminal defense related associations.
8) If you’re not really willing to face a courtroom, try to make sure he can help youmanage a plea arrangement. A good lawyer should be able to handle such situationsin most legal matters.
9) When in michael ejekam or her office. Observe his or her staff and the social dynamics there. Since you could be dealing with the office staff as often as the lawyer, you should see the office staff as being efficient and respectful so you know that is how they will treat you.
10) Finally, does the lawyer specialize in criminal law of is it just something he or she is“dabbling” in? Go with a lawyer who focuses on criminal law and has the right experience.